We are Sperry Environmental Associates, Inc. and we are seeking a Field Service Engineer - Industrial Air Pollution Control specialist who will specifically work with Electrostatic Precipitators. Sperry Environmental was established in 1980: Learn more about us at:
This is a field position, you don't come into an office.
The majority of our business is in the pulp and paper industry however some of the other industries that we serve include, power plants, steel mills and cement mills. Most of our business is in the continental United States with a lot of our business operating on the West coast.
- Complete internal & external inspections during scheduled and forced shut down periods
- Writing a comprehensive report giving an evaluation of the equipment's condition, deficiencies and recommended future repairs
- Online inspections for overall mechanical/electrical integrity
- Online evaluation and optimization of equipment operation
- Conduct training in the operation and maintenance of electrostatic precipitators
- Troubleshooting In-depth investigation of specific problem areas that are causing collection efficiency problems, equipment down time or problematic operation
- Construction Supervision, serve in a project management, supervisory or advisory capacity during equipment new construction, rebuilds, repairs, or modifications
- Engineering degrees is a plus but not mandatory
- 2 years minimum Electrostatic Precipitator experience
- Must be well qualified Mechanically
- Must be well qualified in Electrical
- Must at least have a Technical School degree
Why Join Our Team:
- Great Pay - 50k - 60k Base + Overtime. Total pay 80k - 85k
- This is a field position, you don't come into an office. When working you work at customers facilities, when not working you get to be at home
- When in the field we pay full travel & living expenses. Travel - air fare and vehicle, living expenses, food etc.
- Most of the work is in the Spring & Fall during scheduled shutdowns. The rest of the year is your own time off until we are needed by our clients when things break. You must remain available for projects anytime
Sperry Environmental Associates, Inc., was established in 1980 and have been proudly serving heavy industry for over 35 years. We have over 45 years of direct and continuous experience working with Industrial Air Pollution Control Equipment - Electrostatic Precipitators, Fabric Filters, Wet Scrubbers and Mechanical Collectors.
We specialize in consulting and field service work; conducting inspections, construction supervision, operation, maintenance, and personnel training on the equipment.